28 December 2007

PerComp Asia 1983



This picture with Kelvin Wong of MicroAge was taken on Oct 19, 1983.

As I was digging into the deep recess of my receding memory to recall the name of this guy who sold me the Apple IIe, I vaguely remembered that I had recorded about the event in an old diary.

I could only remember his surname as Wong and had forgotten his first name. MicroAge was an authorised dealer for Apple products and its showroom was formerly at Beach Road. It is no longer in business.

The record dated Oct 19, 1983 which I found:

"Visited the PerComp Asia 1983 at the World Trade Centre at about 11:30 am. Today is the opening day and I was admitted as a visitor when I submitted the Invitation Form obtained from the Singapore Microcomputer Society at their last meeting. I brought along my camera. There were over 200 stands exhibited by new and established brands of Personal Computer and Word Processors. Met Kelvin Wong at the MicroAge stand and had a picture with him".